The Souriau D38999 connector series, also called 8D series is a highly reliable connector compliant to the main mil-spec standards (MIL-DTL-38999 series III, EN3645, BACC63, CECC) and answers the most stringent requirements in harsh environments.
Available in 5 high end materials and 5 platings (8D aluminum, 8D composite, 8D titanium, 8D stainless steel and 8D bronze), the 8D series connectors fit all the corrosion, shock, endurance or firewall capabilities you will encounter.
The D38999 series is compliant with the MIL-DTL-38999 standard connector design with unique self-locking mechanism (patented by SOURIAU), visual mating indication, scoop proof, quick screw coupling and 360° shielding. The patented self-locking system and the metallic contact retention clip technology make the product perfect for high vibration applications or rough handling in the field.
This evolution of MIL-C-38999 allows:
- A high contact density up to 128 contacts #22D
- A quick screw coupling with a self-locking mechanism
- High resistance to harsh environments (vibration, 200°C)
- Always at the cutting edge of innovation, SOURIAU’s teams have continuously improved this range of connectors:
- The composite version in the ’90s (Its choice is recommended wherever weight is critical)
- Titanium version for weight saving and very high and mechanical resistance
- Today SOURIAU remains innovative with cadmium-free and RoHS solutions.
- In 2009 SOURIAU was the first to be QPL qualified for Zinc Nickel plating.
- High density layouts
- Screw coupling, Shell size from 9 to 25
- Contact protection: 100% Scoop proof
- Protected by cadmium, nickel, green zinc cobalt or black zinc nickel plating
- PFI – EMI shielding and shell to shell continuity
- Hermetic versions
- High power up to 850A
- Optical layouts
- 230V layouts available (ABS22-19, ABS22-20, ABS22-21 & ABS22-22 qualified)